The worst part (actually no, the worst part is the fact that I slacked off, so rather the other bad thing that happened) is that the things that I did review when I was not working on my other assignment was all about sorting, and there was nothing about sorting on the test. Additionally, I feel that the test was quite straight forward and relatively similar to the the exercises and labs, but I still managed to get a mark that rivals that of someone who didn't even show up for the test. However, the better mark on Assignment 2 my partner and I received on Assignment 2 keeps me going, and at least this means I'm not completely inadequate.
As for the final exam, I think it best if I reviewed the last few exercises and labs that I didn't for the second test. Sometimes looking through examples of recursion makes sense, but I still feel that I do not fully understand it and it just keep coming back, like Danny said in lecture. This past week, I really enjoyed learning about the different ways to further manipulate python with the use of reduce.
Someone in class had asked if the "property" assignment can be considered a decorator. I don't really know what a decorator means and have never seen the "property" assignment used before. I suppose I will add that list to the things I need to look up. Additionally, the lab was about comparing the run time of different implementations of the same type of sort, which I found really interesting because it, then isn't just about the type of sort but goes delves deeper into the mechanics of what the code is actually doing.
Someone in class had asked if the "property" assignment can be considered a decorator. I don't really know what a decorator means and have never seen the "property" assignment used before. I suppose I will add that list to the things I need to look up. Additionally, the lab was about comparing the run time of different implementations of the same type of sort, which I found really interesting because it, then isn't just about the type of sort but goes delves deeper into the mechanics of what the code is actually doing.
One last thing I wanted to mention was that I found it interesting to find myself learning about the big-Oh in this course, since we are also learning about it in CSC165. I really like when this happens because it feels like I am making connections with the material I am learning from different courses.
No comments:
Post a Comment