So this past Thursday was Halloween, so that means tons of treats and costumes!
Amidst all the Halloween spirit in the air, computer science is continuously rolling.
As someone who has had no programming background in high school, and only CSC108 a year ago, I struggle to keep up with what feels like a class full of students who are familiar with programming in other languages such as Java or C.
Object-oriented programming was not really taught in depth a year ago, but really only touched upon briefly. It is a way of programming that allows one to create objects that have attributes and associated methods. I feel that it can be quite useful for programmers because it allows flexibility and opens up more ways to manipulate and create code. The syntax for creating classes and creating objects as instances of these classes, was a novel thing and I really needed to learn how to call upon methods and assign attributes. That is still something that I need to continue practising because it is not something I'm used to.
Recursion is a really interesting concept and definitely one that takes some getting used to. Recursion is basically a way in which you divide the problem into subproblems, and have the method call upon itself. I really enjoy recursion...when it works out. It is sometimes hard to see what the smaller problem to solve is, but when you find out what it is, it is real fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment